Caregiver or Nanny

As a caregiver, the candidate have options to come to Canada to become a permanent resident or work temporarily.
(Eligible Families can sponsor their relatives as Caregiver for their children below 18 or elderly above the age of 65.)

Permanent residence for caregivers

There are 2 programs through which eligible families can bring a caregiver to Canada.

Home Child Care Provider Pilot (children under 18 years)
Home Support Worker Pilot (elderly above 65 years of age)

You may be able to apply for permanent residence through the Home Child Care Provider Pilot or Home Support Worker Pilot if you:

  • meet the eligibility requirements, and
  • have a job offer to work in one of these occupations

Through these programs, you’ll get an occupation-restricted open work permit to come to Canada and work temporarily.
This work permit:

  • is occupation-restricted (so you have to work in that specific occupation under any employer)
  • doesn’t need a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA)
  • lets you get the work experience you need to be eligible for permanent residence
  • lets your children study in Canada
  • lets your spouse to get an open work permit.

If you recently worked as a home child care provider or support worker, your experience may count towards your eligibility for permanent residence.