Canada needs workers to fill its labor shortage. There are many ways through which a person can come to Canada on a Work permit. We can help you in processing of your work visa application if you are eligible.

There are 2 types of work permits:

Open work permit and Closed work permits

When a worker holds an Open work permit, he/she can work with any employer and in any occupation. He can also work as a self employed person in Canada.

You may be eligible for an open work permit if you are:

  • an international student who graduated from a designated learning institution and are eligible for the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program
  • a student who’s no longer able to meet the costs of your studies (destitute student)
  • employer-specific work permit holder and are being abused or at risk of being abused in relation to your job in Canada
  • permanent residence applicant in Canada
  • a dependent family member of someone who applied for permanent residence
  • the spouse or common-law partner of a skilled worker or international student
  • the spouse or common-law partner of an applicant of the Atlantic Immigration Pilot Program
  • a refugee, refugee claimant, protected person or their family member
  • under an unenforceable removal order
  • a temporary resident permit holder
  • a young worker participating in special programs

An Employer-specific work permit or Closed work permit allows you to work according to the conditions on your work permit, which include:

  • the name of the employer you can work for
  • how long you can work
  • the location where you can work (if applicable)