Canada is one of the favorite choices for international students as Canadian education is considered one of the best in the world. Canada offers post study open work permit to the students who have studied in eligible DLIs (i.e. publicly funded Institutions)
Noor Immigration & Citizenship services can help you in choosing a right study program relevant to your study or work experience.

If you have gap in your study and you are working, and even if your IELTS score is not good enough or you don’t have IELTS.
Do not worry, we will help you in getting your admission done and processing your study permit application.

To be eligible for faster processing through the Student Direct Stream, you must:

  • be a legal resident living in 1 of the following countries:
    • China
    • India
    • Morocco
    • Pakistan
    • the Philippines
    • Senegal
    • Vietnam
  • have an acceptance letter from a post-secondary designated learning institution
  • live outside of Canada when you apply
  • have proof you have paid your tuition for your first year of study
  • have a Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) of CAN$10,000
  • have a Certificat d’acceptation du Québec (CAQ) from the Ministère de l’Immigration, de la Francisation et de l’Intégration
    • This is only if you’re planning to study in Quebec
  • get a medical exam before you apply (if you need one)
  • get a police certificate before you apply (if you need one)
  • have your most recent secondary or post-secondary school transcript(s)
  • have a language test result that shows:
    • a score of 6.0 or higher in each skill (reading, writing, speaking and listening) on the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or
    • Test d’évaluation de français (TEF) score that is equal to a Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) score of at least 7 in each skill (reading, writing, speaking and listening)


You can work as an international student in Canada if your study permit lists a condition that says you’re allowed to work on- or off-campus.
You can start working once you start your study program. You can’t work before your studies begin. In most cases, you are allowed to work On-campus as well as Off-campus.
During regular school terms/semesters, you can work Off-campus up to 20 hours per week. You can work full-time if you’re on a scheduled break, such as winter and summer holidays, or a fall or spring reading week.

Your spouse or common-law partner may be eligible for an open work permit if you:

  •  have a valid study permit; and are a full-time student at one of the below institutions:
  • a public post-secondary school, such as a college or university, or CEGEP in Quebec
  • a private college-level school in Quebec
  • a Canadian private school that can legally award degrees under provincial law (for example, Bachelors, Masters or Doctorate degree)


you can work in Canada after completing your studies from eligible DLI by applying POST-GRADUATION WORK PERMIT.

  • If your program was more than 8 months but less than 2 years, you may get a PGWP that’s valid for up to the same length as your study program.
  • If your program was 2 years or more, you may get a PGWP that’s valid for 3 years.

If you completed more than 1 program, you may be able to get a PGWP that combines the length of each program. Each of the programs you completed must be PGWP-eligible and at least 8 months in length.