A temporary resident visa or TRV lets you live in Canada temporarily. There are different kinds of temporary residence visas through which you can come and live in Canada for a limited period of time. If you want to visit Canada as a tourist, meet family or friends, to study in Canadian schools, colleges, or universities, or to work in Canada temporarily, you will need one of those Temporary resident visas or permit. These visas/permit includes:


Visitor visa
Super visa
Study permit
Work permits
ETA or
Transit visa



Canada is a favorite destination for millions of travelers each year; be it winter, summer, or falls, the charm of this country is extraordinary. People who are looking to visit Canada for a holiday, to visit family, or to conduct any business, should apply for a Visa before they arrive in Canada.

You may need a visitor visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization depending on your home country.

A visitor visa (also called a temporary resident visa) is an official authorization represented by a specific counterfoil on your passport. It shows that you meet the requirements to enter Canada on the date issued.

Noor Immigration & Citizenship Services will help you in getting your visa.


You’re a business visitor if you:

  • come to take part in international business activities without being part of the Canadian labor market
  • are visiting Canada temporarily to
  • look for ways to grow your business,
  • invest,
  • advance your business relationships.

Business visitors usually stay in Canada for a few days to a few weeks but are able to stay for up to 6 months.


A super visa lets you visit your children or grandchildren for up to 2 years at a time. It’s a multi-entry visa that provides multiple entries for a period of up to 10 years. The government of Canada has started this excellent program for Parents & Grandparents of permanent residents & citizens who meet the necessary income based on their family size. If you are eligible, we can help you in applying for Supervise whether you are in Canada or outside Canada.


You can apply to study in Canada as an international student, extend your study permit, and find out about working while you study or after you graduate.

Canada is one of the favorite choices for international students as Canadian education is considered one of the best in the world. Canada offers post-study open work permit to the students who have studied in eligible DLIs (i.e. publicly funded)

We can help you in choosing a school, college, or university; and help you with the admission process. Every institution has different rules on how to apply.

If you live in India, Pakistan, Morocco, The Philippines, China, Senegal, or Vietnam, you might be able to get your study permit faster by applying online through the Student Direct Stream.


You can work as an international student in Canada if your study permit lists a condition that says you’re allowed to work on- or off-campus.

You can start working once you start your study program. You can’t work before your studies begin. In most cases, you are allowed to work On-campus as well as Off-campus.

During regular school terms/semesters, you can work Off-campus up to 20 hours per week. You can work full-time if you’re on a scheduled break, such as winter and summer holidays, or a fall or spring reading week. You’re free to work overtime or work 2 part-time jobs that add up to a higher than usual number of hours. You must be a full-time student both before and after the break to work full-time.

Some study programs include work experience as part of their curriculum. You can apply for a co-op or intern work permit if:

-you have a valid study permit

-work is required to complete your study program in Canada

-you have a letter from your school that confirms all students in your program need to complete work placements to get their degree, and

-your co-op placement or internship totals 50% or less of your study program

Your spouse or common-law partner may be eligible for an open work permit if you:

-have a valid study permit; and are a full-time student at one of the below institutions:

-a public post-secondary schools, such as a college or university, or CEGEP in Quebec

-a private college-level school in Quebec

-a Canadian private school that can legally award degrees under provincial law (for example, Bachelors, Masters or Doctorate degree)

Extend your study permit for further studies

you can also extend your study permit if you want to study further in Canada.


you can work in Canada after completing your studies from eligible DLI by applying
POST-GRADUATION WORK PERMIT. Your PGWP validity depends on the length of your study program.

-If your program was less than 8 months, you aren’t eligible for a PGWP.

-If your program was more than 8 months but less than 2 years, you may get a PGWP that’s valid for up to the same length as your study program.

-If your program was 2 years or more, you may get a PGWP that’s valid for 3 years.

If you completed more than 1 program, you may be able to get a PGWP that combines the length of each program. Each of the programs you completed must be PGWP-eligible and at least 8 months in length

NOTE: You can’t get a PGWP if you already had one after completing an earlier program of study. You can apply PGWP only one time


Canada needs workers to fill the labour shortage gap.

There are 2 types of work permits

Open work permit and Closed work permits

You may be eligible for an open work permit if you:

                are an international student who graduated from a designated learning institution            and are eligible for the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program

                are a student who’s no longer able to meet the costs of your studies (destitute   student)

                have an employer-specific work permit and are being abused or at risk of being abused in relation to your job in Canada

                applied for permanent residence in Canada

                are a dependent family member of someone who applied for permanent residence

                are the spouse or common-law partner of a skilled worker or international student

                are the spouse or common-law partner of an applicant of the Atlantic Immigration            Pilot Program

                are a refugee, refugee claimant, protected person or their family member

                are under an unenforceable removal order

                are a temporary resident permit holder

                are a young worker participating in special programs

An Employer-specific work permit or Closed work permit allows you to work according to the conditions on your work permit, which include:

                the name of the employer you can work for

                how long you can work

                the location where you can work (if applicable)


A permanent resident is someone who has been given permanent resident status by immigrating to Canada, but is not a Canadian citizen. Permanent residents are citizens of other countries.

As a permanent resident, you have the right to:

                -get most social benefits that Canadian citizens receive, including health care       coverage,
                -live, work or study anywhere in Canada,
                -apply for Canadian citizenship,
                -protection under Canadian law and the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms.

There are various programs through which you can enter Canada and remain here permanently with your family.


Express Entry is an online system that is used to manage applications for permanent residence from skilled workers by Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)

Express Entry manages applications for three economic immigration programs:

                Federal Skilled Worker Program
                Federal Skilled Trades Program
                Canadian Experience Class

compare all express entry programs here(https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/compare.html)

and each has different requirements.

The selection criteria is based on your:

                language ability
                family members
                work experience
                skill transferability and
                other factors (eg. details on any job offer)

Provinces and territories can also recruit candidates from the Express Entry pool through the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) to meet local labour market needs.


This program is for workers who:

                have the skills, education and work experience to contribute to the economy of a              specific province or territory
                want to live in that province, and
                want to become permanent residents of Canada.

Each province and territory(except Quebec) has its own “streams” (immigration programs that target certain groups) and requirements. For example, in a program stream, provinces and territories may target:

                business people
                skilled workers
                semi-skilled workers

The provinces which have their own programs are:

British Columbia
New Brunswick
Newfoundland and Labrador
Northwest Territories
Nova Scotia
Prince Edward Island

The criteria by province and territory vary and can change without notice.


If you are a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, you can sponsor your members of the family class to become permanent residents of Canada.

If you’re eligible, you can sponsor your spouse, partner or dependent children to become permanent residents of Canada.

If you do, you must be able to:

                support them financially
                make sure they don’t need social assistance from the government.

You can sponsor your own parents and grandparents if:

                you’re at least 18 years old
                you live in Canada
                you’re a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident of Canada, or a person registered in        Canada as an Indian under the Canadian Indian Act
                you have enough money to support the persons you want to sponsor

There are two processes that you must go through when you adopt a child from another country: the adoption process and the immigration process.

The immigration process has two parts:

the application for sponsorship; and
the application for permanent residence for the child.

You may be able to sponsor certain relatives to immigrate to Canada under the Family Class if you’re at least 18 years old and a:

                Canadian citizen or
                person registered in Canada as an Indian under the Canadian Indian Act or
                permanent resident of Canada

You can only sponsor relatives like a brother, sister, aunt or uncle in very specific situations.

You can sponsor an orphaned brother, sister, nephew, niece or grandchild only if they meet all of these conditions:

                they’re related to you by blood or adoption
                both their mother and father passed away
                they’re under 18 years of age
                they’re single (not married or in a common-law or conjugal relationship)

Other relative

You may sponsor one relative, related by blood or adoption, of any age, if you meet all of these conditions:

you (the person who wants to sponsor your relative) don’t have a living relative you could sponsor instead, such as a:

common-law partner
conjugal partner
son or daughter
orphaned brother or sister
orphaned nephew or niece
orphaned grandchild

you (the potential sponsor) don’t have any relatives (aunt or uncle or any of the relatives listed above), who is a:

Canadian citizen
permanent resident
registered Indian under the Indian Act



The pilot helps employers in Atlantic Canada hire foreign skilled workers who want to immigrate to Atlantic Canada and international graduates who want to stay in Atlantic Canada after they graduate.

AIPP is employer based program running in 4 Atlantic provinces:

                New Brunswick
                Newfoundland and Labrador
                Nova Scotia
                Prince Edward Island

The Atlantic Immigration Pilot helps Employer to hire qualified candidates for jobs which they haven’t been able to fill locally. These candidates can be overseas or living in Canada temporarily.

There are 3 programs used to hire someone:

                Atlantic International Graduate Program
                Atlantic High-skilled Program
                Atlantic Intermediate-skilled Program

Each program has requirements that the employer and the candidate must meet.

Before he can make a job offer, the employer must be designated by the provincial government of the Atlantic province where the candidate will be working.

Once job offer is made, employer and the candidate will work through several steps. If they meet all the requirements, the candidate gets permanent resident status in Canada.


The Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot is a community-driven program. It’s designed to spread the benefits of economic immigration to smaller communities by creating a path to permanent residence for skilled foreign workers who want to work and live in one of the participating communities.

There are 4 steps to applying for permanent residence under this pilot.

1. Check that you meet both

                a) IRCC eligibility requirements and
                b) the community-specific requirements.

2. Find an eligible job with an employer in one of the participating communities.

3. Once you have a job offer, submit your application for recommendation to the community.

4. If a community recommends you, apply for permanent residence.

Each community will also have its own:

                -additional eligibility requirements
                -job search process
                -community recommendation application proces

Participating communities

The pilot will launch in participating communities at different times.

Participating Communities are:

North Bay, ON
Sudbury, ON
Timmins, ON
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
Thunder Bay, ON
Brandon, MB
Altona/Rhineland, MB
Moose Jaw, SK
Claresholm, AB 
Vernon, BC
West Kootenay (Trail, Castlegar, Rossland, Nelson), BC


There are some other communities which support candidates for their permanent residency application to Canada.

There are different eligibility criteria for different communities which depends upon

                Work experience,
                Ties to the community, and
                some other factors

We will help you to get in touch with those communities.



About the process

Canada’s Start-up Visa Program targets immigrant entrepreneurs with the skills and potential to build businesses in Canada that:

                are innovative
                can create jobs for Canadians
                can compete on a global scale

Do you have an innovative business idea? If you can get support for your idea from one of the designated organizations, you may be able to immigrate to Canada.

Who can apply

To be eligible for the Start-up Visa Program, you must:

                have a qualifying business
                get a letter of support from a designated organization (Venture capital funds, Angel                          investor groups, or Business incubators)
                meet the language requirements (CLB 5)
                bring enough money to settle ( Settlement funds depends upon family size)


About the process

The Self-employed Persons Program allows people to immigrate to Canada permanently as a self-employed person.

If you’re interested in this program, you must:

have relevant experience in cultural activities or athletics and
be willing and able to make a significant contribution to the cultural or athletic life of Canada


To immigrate as a self-employed person, you must:

-have relevant experience
                (Your experience is relevant if you have:
                taken part in cultural activities or athletics at a world-class level or
                been a self-employed person in cultural activities or athletics)
-be willing and able to be self-employed in Canada
-meet the program’s selection criteria and
                language abilities
-meet medical, security and other conditions


As a caregiver, you have options to come to Canada to become a permanent resident or work temporarily.

(Eligible Families can sponsor their relatives as Caregiver for their children below 18 or elderly above the age of 65.)

Permanent residence for caregivers

Home Child Care Provider Pilot and Home Support Worker Pilot

As of June 18, 2019, you may be able to apply for permanent residence through the Home Child Care Provider Pilot or Home Support Worker Pilot if you:

meet the eligibility requirements, and
have a job offer to work in one of these occupations

Through these pilots, you’ll get an occupation-restricted open work permit to come to Canada and work temporarily.

This work permit:

                is occupation-restricted (so you have to work in that specific occupation)
                doesn’t need a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA)
                lets you get the work experience you need to be eligible for permanent residence
                lets your children study in canada and spouse can get open work permit.

If you recently worked as a home child care provider or support worker, your experience may count towards your eligibility for permanent residence.


Canada offers refugee protection to some people in Canada who fear persecution or who would be in danger if they had to leave. Some dangers they may face include

                risk to their life
                risk of cruel and unusual treatment or punishment

If you feel you could face one of these risks if you go back to your home country or the country where you normally live, you may be able to seek protection in Canada as a refugee.


Some people are not eligible to claim refugee protection in Canada.

Note: If you’re under a removal order, you can’t make a refugee claim.

Officers who review your refugee claim decide if it will be referred to the Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada (IRB). The IRB is an independent board that makes decisions on immigration and refugee matters.

The IRB decides who is a Convention refugee or a person in need of protection.

Convention refugees are outside their home country or the country they normally live in. They’re not able to return because of a well-founded fear of persecution based on

                political opinion
                being part of a social group, such as women or people of a particular sexual          orientation

A person in need of protection is a person in Canada who can’t return to their home country safely. This is because, if they return, they may face

                danger of torture            
                risk to their life
                risk of cruel and unusual treatment or punishment
                Your refugee claim may not be eligible to be referred to the IRB if you

are recognized as a Convention refugee by another country that you can return to

were granted protected person status in Canada

arrived via the Canada–United States (US) border

are not admissible to Canada on security grounds or because of criminal activity or human rights violations

made a previous refugee claim that was not found eligible

made a previous refugee claim that was rejected by the IRB

abandoned or withdrew a previous refugee claim

The IRB website has more information on making an asylum claim in Canada.


Humanitarian and compassionate grounds

People who would not normally be eligible to become permanent residents of Canada may be able to apply on humanitarian and compassionate grounds.

Humanitarian and compassionate grounds apply to people with exceptional cases. We assess these applications on a case-by-case basis. Factors we look at include:

                how settled the person is in Canada
                general family ties to Canada
                the best interests of any children involved, and
                what could happen to you if we do not grant the request.
                Other rules that apply to humanitarian and compassionate grounds:

You may only ask for humanitarian and compassionate grounds if you are applying for permanent resident status in Canada, or for a permanent resident visa abroad. We will not look at H&C requests from temporary resident applicants.

You cannot have more than one humanitarian and compassionate grounds application at the same time.

We will not assess risk factors such as persecution, risk to life, cruel and unusual treatment or punishment.

You cannot apply for humanitarian and compassionate grounds if you have a pending refugee claim. If you want to apply, you must withdraw your refugee claim before your Immigration and Refugee Board of Canada (IRB) hearing.

You cannot apply for humanitarian and compassionate grounds if you had a negative decision from the IRB within the last 12 months. This is called the “one year bar.” (If the IRB decides your refugee claim is abandoned or withdrawn, that counts as a negative decision.) The bar does not apply if:

you have children under 18 who would be adversely affected if you were removed from Canada, or

you have proof that you or one of your dependants suffers from a life-threatening medical condition that cannot be treated in your home country.


Who can apply

To be eligible to become a Canadian citizen, you must:

                be a permanent resident
                have lived in Canada for 3 out of the last 5 years
                have filed your taxes, if you need to
                pass a test on your rights, responsibilities and knowledge of Canada
                prove your language skills

There are additional or different requirements if you are:

                applying for a minor (under age 18)
                a Canadian applying for your adopted child born outside Canada
                a current or former Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) member applying under the fast-          track process
                a past Canadian citizen who want your Canadian citizenship back (including current           and former CAF members)

You likely are a Canadian citizen if you…

                1. were born in Canada
                2. became a citizen because of changes to the Citizenship Act
                3. applied for and received your Canadian citizenship (became a naturalized citizen)
                4. received Canadian citizenship as a minor when a parent or legal guardian                                               naturalized you by applying for your citizenship

                5. were born outside Canada and at least one of your parents was:

                a) born in Canada
                b) naturalized in Canada before your birth